Thursday, August 26, 2010


This is the first picture of my "new" room back in action.  I am not totally done yet.  My guess would be about 80% put back together.  It is hard to decide what to keep and what to part with.  This storage is one of my favorites. It is ribbon storage.  It is made with plastic house guttering.  I wish I remembered where I first saw this ingenious idea, but sadly do not.  But, it is fabulous.  So very easy to customize to the exact size that you want and is quite inexpensive.  Especially compared to the commercial ribbon storage systems.  The ribbon fits in so nicely and is so easily seen.  The gutters hangs so easily on wall , as the guttering is so light weight, as is the ribbon. I sort my ribbons by colors and themes, one quick look and I am set. Easy Peasy.

I will have more to show in the next few days, I really am taking my time organizing and thinking about the overall flow and feel of the room.  Hope to be a mad scrapper by early next week.  I certainly have withdrawal symptoms. LOL, I miss playing with paper.

5 comments:

  1. Love your ribbon storage. Love how easy it is to see what you have and that you can grab the roll and take it to your table...unlike some ribbon storage. Can't wait until your room is done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get done already will YA!? ;0) Just Kidding! Cannot wait to see your room finished! I wish I could have ribbon storage like you... but my craft area is along one wall in my bedroom, and it is fighting with hubby's crap LOL! He already took up the top half of a shelf on my other desk with his TV and XBOX360! But I enjoy the TV & XBOX360 too, so I guess I cannot complain ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing. Be sure and share more as the room comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait until you're done with your room. I really like this storage for the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.
    Gemz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Wende! I love it!!! Cheap is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete